Sunday, December 22, 2013

About Me, Rick Bbwaag

Some people say I look Korean. Some say I look Filipino. Some say Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, or Taiwanese. One person asked me if I was half-Asian half-White.


"How can you be all of those ethnicities?!" I don't know...am I?
My Black girlfriend (fiance-to-be) claims that I am her Robin Thicke ('cause to her I look like Robin Thicke). I don't know about being her "Robin", but I sure am her "Thicke" *wink* *wink*.

To be honest with you, I don't know which ethnicity I belong to. Why? I look distinctively different from my siblings (whom both look more similar to each other than either of them are to me). Therefore, I question, to this day, whom my real parents are.

I am totally kidding! I give my parents the benefit of the doubt! But I honestly do look quite different from my siblings.

Anyway, to make matters short, I am an Asian guy who is trying to find an outlet to rant, vent, and share my stories to anybody who's willing to give a rat's ass. No, not literally ;).

One last thing...

I am interested in changing the way media portrays certain "disadvantaged" groups of people. These groups include people of minority backgrounds (e.g., Asians, Blacks, Hispanics), people from the LGBT community, women, etc. In essence, I want to fight these "-isms" (racism, sexism, ableism, ageism, heterosexism, weightism, etc.).

"How will you go about that?", you might ask.


Through films, commercials, advertisements, etc. I want to be a part of a team of passionate people who are interested in changing other people's perceptions about certain groups of people in the media.


"Unlikely to happen", you say.

I believe all things are possible, as long as you believe. Does that even make sense? Anywho...

If you have a slight interest, any interest at all in this matter, please shoot me a message. Let's talk. 


One more last thing... 

Please share your thoughts, experiences, or questions! I'd love to listen to what you have to say! 

Ways to stay connected: 
Facebook
Facebook page 
Twitter

On another note...
"You see that Gucci purse that I got for this beautiful lingerie-wearing 10 who's laying on the king-size bed? After you're done checking me out, I'm going to join her in bed...and play Uno."

No comments:

Post a Comment